Friday, January 14, 2005

Don't ask me, I just blog here

So I thought that I had this sucker figured out. I don't. Expect randomness.

If I have comments enabled, it takes forever and a day to publish the blog (for those of you who don't blog - the whole blog has to be re-published each time a post is created). Therefore, I'm trying to turn off comments. Sorry, but most people didn't comment all that often anyway - you can still write to Nell (in the sidebar), but unless your comments seem to warrant another post, no one will see them but me. That may be moot, as at the moment, blogger seems to be ignoring my request to turn them off.

Maru gets around this by posting once a day, with headings for each topic. I'd do that, but then I can't link to each topic individually in future references, something that I do quite frequently. And I can't link to an individual topic on my website news page, which I also do some times.

It also means that making corrections takes a whole lot longer, so errors and typos may stand a while.

Therefore, I'm stuck with a painfully slow processs. tblog didn't have that problem. So I don't know how long I'll be able to stand it back here at blogger. Such a quandary. It may mean that I'll just post less. It may mean that I'll just become more of a crank.

Anyway, none of that is your problem. So....

On with the stuff you come here for....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!