Sunday, January 16, 2005

Haloscan commenting

I'm playing with adding a free comment service that I see on other blogs: Haloscan. I deleted the trackback option, mainly because I don't understand it, and I'm not inclined to take the time to figure it out.

Anyway, let's give this a trial and see how it goes. Let me know if it jams up your viewing or anything. I find that often times when I'm using someone's Haloscan comment program, it takes a while to load up the comments window. Sometimes not. A little patience is sometimes required, and I am kind of short on that all too often.

Also, a very kind and obviously blog-savvy reader sent me some good suggestions via Nell about better blog hosts and how to make the switch as painless as possible. I've looked at a couple of recommended hosts, and I think I would really like at least one of them, but the hangup for me is that they require an ad banner across the top of the blog. It's fair, of course, since the service is free, but it bugs me. So, I'll be sticking with blogger, backed up in emergencies by tblog. Perhaps not the best solution, but it's the one I'm going with for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!